Whether it is for voyeuristic reasons or just because we have a stalker side to all of us, we need to make sure that we aren't wasting our lives away, constantly refreshing our Facebook page to see if anyone said anything about us, or comparing our Twitter profiles with our friends to see who is more popular…
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to see if you may need to take a social media hiatus or take yourself off of some platforms all together:
- When you are hanging with a bunch of friends, are you constantly thinking that that would have made a cool Twitter update?
- Do you look for opportunities to take a picture, just so you can use it as your profile pic?
- When asked what you are doing over the weekend, you respond with 'Don't you follow me on Twitter?'
- Have you forgotten how to speak in sentences which contain more than 140 characters?
- Do you wake up in the middle of the night to check if anyone tagged you in a photo?
- When you are speaking to people, do you refer to your friends as @Cath and @photofinder
- Do you break out in a sweat at the thought of a day without internet access or cell phone reception
- Do you carry a notebook around to recycle funny comments as your own